One of the most aggravating sounds can be your Mac’s speakers popping and cracking while you’re viewing a movie or listening to the much-anticipated new album.
The Power button should be held down until startup options appear on the screen. Make a startup disk selection, and click Continue in Safe Mode while holding down the Shift key option. Check whether the speakers still generate that crackling noise after logging onto your Mac.
Why Does My MacBook Pro Left Speaker Make Cracking Sound?
I’ve included a few reasonable explanations for why the speakers don’t sound good. We can infer a few things, but they won’t help you. The cracking or subpar sound in the Pro model could be brought on by the most recent version of the macOS operating system.
To keep the defective speaker at the top of the list, I want to keep the speaker surround torn. A speaker with poor sound quality suggests that there is a hardware issue. After being used for several months or years, the surround may have torn. Because they are made of high-quality materials, MacBook speakers are pricey. If you don’t have the necessary skills, I do not advise performing DIY fixes.
Flaws, defects, and unidentified issues exist in the early stable macOS releases. In-house developers typically take longer to address deficiencies in the most current operating system because they are familiar. You can combat the most recent macOS software issues using the remedies I’ve listed below.
Overuse of Hardware Resources
Many recent users believe that macOS is unbeatable software. Although I commend Apple for making the MacOS program more optimized, it still has some drawbacks. To avoid overloading the CPU, GPU, and other components, you should use the hardware resources wisely.
To the extent that your Pro model can manage them, put it through CPU-intensive tasks. The internal parts, including memory and storage, can be upgraded by Apple customers. If your memory is getting low while performing intense tasks, consider upgrading.
Erroneous Audio Sample Rate
You might have chosen the wrong audio sample rate in the Pro model. The internal speakers are functional, but a sample rate that is not supported can cause crackling sounds. Despite having strong external speakers, I’ve raised the sample rate numerous times. Comparatively speaking, the external speakers perform far better with a greater audio sample rate than the internal ones.
I’ve set up a lot of sound effects software on the laptop and desktop. However, it’s a nightmare for the internal speakers. Headphone users love audio enhancers. To produce consistent audio, manufacturers have adjusted the notebook audio system. It sounds like a crackling noise because the audio boosters put the hardware to the test.
Unreliable Audio Console
There may be defects in the audio driver or software. Bugs or errors in the audio console are caused by the crackling or poor sound.
How To Fix Crackling Speaker on MacBook Pro
We are not implementing any dangerous solutions to restore the speakers to their former beauty. But I beg you to back up the data on the MacBook Pro to iCloud or an external device. I don’t want the users to take a chance with their data and afterward experience data loss.
Start-Up The MacBook Pro
Weeks and months are spent in standby mode on the MacBook Pro. The standby mode is helpful, but you should occasionally turn the notebook off. The majority of Pro model owners have experience with messy production.
- Select the Apple icon.
- Select “Restart” from the drop-down menu that appears.
- On the screen, a pop-up window appears.
- Select “Restart” from the menu.
Allow your laptop to restart so the software, including the drivers, services, and third-party applications, can be loaded. If the Pro machine is turned off for an hour, the laptop releases the electricity stored in its internal parts.
The internal speakers of CoreAudio Intel-based Pro versions are experiencing issues. The macOS system’s audio console is called CoreAudio, and the service can be restarted from the activity monitor. The problem should have been fixed after a short restart, but you can still use the fix if it happens.
- To begin, click Launchpad.
- Look for and open the “Utilities” folder.
- Select “Terminal” from the folder by clicking.
- Type the command (sudo killall CoreAudio) in the Terminal.
- Let the macOS operating system start the command.
You must wait until the software recovers the audio since the audio system goes offline. If the audio is still not working, restart the Pro laptop.
Alternate Audio Sample Rate
We have experienced the crackling/popping noise issue in the past with El Capitan, Big Sur, and other significant releases. The audio sample rate may momentarily resolve the issue. I’ll demonstrate changing the audio sampling frequency for you.
- To begin, click Launchpad.
- Look for and open the “Utilities” folder.
- Locate “MIDI” and run it.
- The screen displays the “Audio Devices” window.
- Select “Built-in Output” from the drop-down menu.
- Click “Format” to see the available options.
- From the list of options, select 48.0kHz.
- Click the 48.0kHz option and choose “2 ch 32-bit float.”
The 48.0kHz stereo sample rate is now selected in the MacBook Pro. The internal speakers of your laptop should generate high-quality audio without crackling or popping.
Buy Outdoor Speakers
Sound issues have long been a widespread problem. The built-in speakers’ crackling or popping noise has historically been a source of much ire. I advise the readers to invest in a good set of speakers from the market. You can select any producer, including Logitech.
There are numerous reasons why I advise the readers to get external speakers.
- The likelihood of having faulty speakers is high. You might pay more for the labor and replacement parts at the Apple service center. Of course, if the Pro model is still covered by warranty, you can have the replacement parts free of charge. Using Logitech external speakers, you can save a lot of cash on repair expenses. All products come with a two-year warranty from the Swiss manufacturer, and any defective items will be replaced at no cost. We have no connection to Logitech.
- We can’t constantly put up with macOS’ flaws. Who wants to hold off until the maker releases a patch to fix the problem?
- You can select from various models, and the sound quality of external speakers is excellent.
You should replace the current external speakers you already own. An excellent set of outdoor speakers can alter the environment and mood.
MacOS NVRAM Reset
Non-Volatile Access Memory is referred to as NVRAM. Your most current system settings are stored in NVRAM, which is how the laptop remembers the brightness setting. The personalized settings, such as brightness, initial disk choice, resolution, volume, etc., are removed when the NVRAM is reset.
The settings can be changed in less than two minutes. The reset won’t do any harm, in my opinion.
- Switch the MacBook off.
- Use the keyboard’s Power button.
- Consolidate the Command, Option, P, and R keys.
- Keep the keys depressed for 20 seconds.
- After twenty seconds, release the keys.
- The NVRAM has been reset by macOS.
Start by adjusting the clock after logging in as usual to the computer. Open the browser and play some YouTube music. Open the music streaming application from the dock and play a few songs.
Reset SMC (Non-Removable Battery)
System Management Controller, or SMC, is the last line of defense. System difficulties, including increased fan speed, thermal problems, battery management, hardware problems, bugs, etc., might be brought on by a faulty SMC. To address the crackling speaker problem, let’s reset SMC. The system software may have a few minor bugs and glitches.
The guide is designed for MacBook Pro models with non-removable batteries with AMD and Intel internals. The notebooks with M1 chips are a different matter. To determine if your MacBook Pro includes the Apple T2 Security Chip, check the spec sheet on the official website.
- Shut down the MacBook.
- For ten seconds, hold down the Power button while holding it.
- Allow the Mac to start up before restarting the device.
- If it doesn’t work, turn off the Pro computer.
- Select right Shift on your keyboard.
- Depress the left Option key.
- Press the Control key.
- Continue holding all the keys in place for seven more seconds.
- As you continue to press the keys, the Pro notebook loads up before shutting off.
- Hand all the keys back.
- Delay a short while. It is advised to wait for 30 seconds.
- Relaunch the MacBook.
As a last option, SMC (System Management Controller) must be used while you wait for Apple to fix the issue. The upcoming macOS update, please.
MacOS Is Upgraded
Both benefits and drawbacks come with switching to the newest Apple desktop-class operating system. However, it’s not a necessary upgrade for casual users and professionals. Although security should be considered when choosing, you should hold off until Apple fixes the initial issues and flaws. When the most recent version appears in the software update section, I use macOS Big Sur.
Confirm that the MacBook Pro speaker isn’t working or is crackling by visiting Apple-certified engineers. Given that they are helpful and prevent me from having to remove the device, I would invest in a pair of top-notch external speakers or a soundbar. Tell us how you stopped the Pro model’s built-in speakers from crackling or popping.